1. Where and when are the tutoring services provided?SES Providers will inform you of their services.Most services areprovided in the student’s home, public library or at a school site.
2. What are your tutors’qualifications? Some tutors have a teaching credential, but it is not a requirement for SES tutors.Ask if the tutors have experience teaching English Language Arts or math and if they have experience working with children who are struggling in school.
3. Are your tutors bilingual?If your child’s first language is not English, ask if theprovider has experience teaching English Learners.Ask how the tutors will inform parents of English learners about their child’s progress.
4. Can you meet the learning needs of students with disabilities?If your child has a disability, ask if the provider works with students with similar disabilities.SES providers may not discriminate against your child; all services should be consistent with your child’s IEP orspecialized services under Section 504. SES is an addition to, not replacement for, instruction and services required under IDEA and Section 504.
5. How will you determine my child’s academic needs?Ask how they will establish learning goals for your child and develop a plan for instruction.
6. How will you inform me about my child's progress?Ask how often you will receive a progress report and how it will be sent to you.Ask to see a sample report and make sure it’s a form that is understandable.
7. What will happen if my child does not show improvement?Ask if the provider guaranteestheir services and what will happen if your child does not show improvement after completing the tutoring hours.
Get in Touch
12820 Pioneer Blvd.
Norwalk, CA 90650