Every student must have the opportunity to achieve his/her potential in a safe, caring environment. For this reason, Foster Road Elementary has adopted a common set of school rules to help create a positive learning environment for our students. All students are expected to follow the school rules in order to provide an environment conducive to learning. It is our belief that by working together as a team, your child’s education will reflect excellence. It is our policy that students be held accountable for their own actions.
Foster Road Students will:
1. Choose appropriate behavior to create a safe environment. Fighting or threatening others is not allowed even on their way to or from school.
2. Respect others and themselves. Respect school property as well as the property of other students.
3. Refrain from throwing objects, playing dangerously, or using playground equipment inappropriately.
4. Use positive comments. Never inappropriate language and/or gestures.
5. Use polite manners at all times: in the classroom, during lunch, at assemblies, on the playground, school activities, and before and after school.
6. Listen to and comply with requests of all staff members to follow school rules.
7. Never bring weapons, any items resembling a weapon (this includes toy weapons) or objects to be use as weapons.
8. Sexual Harassment is not tolerated by students or adults.
9. No riding of bicycles, skateboards, scooters, or roller skates/blades while on school grounds. This includes during non-school hours.
10 .Cell phones must be turned off during school hours. The school is not responsible for cell phones brought to school if stolen or broken. Cell phones will be confiscated if students play with them or have them on during instructional time.
Teachers and students develop classroom rules, which supplement the general school rules.
1. Tackle football or tackling games are not permitted.
2. No eating on the playground.
3. Remain in assigned area and play the game for that area.
4. Use restrooms and get water before the end of the play period.
5. Leave restrooms clean.
6. Stop activities when whistle/bell rings and freeze.
7. Walk quietly to class line area when the whistle blows and line-up.
8. Wait quietly for the teacher to meet the class.
1.Talk quietly, no loud talking or yelling.
2.Practice good table manners at all times.
3.Clean up if you spill something.
4.Put all trash in appropriate containers.
5.Keep food in cafeteria.
6.Stay at their assigned eating table.
7.Listen at all times to adult supervision.
Failure to Follow School Rules Will Result in the Following Consequences:
1. First consequence – Counseling, warning
2. Second consequence – Teacher modification/parent contact
3. Third consequence – Conference with parent and teacher to develop behavior contract
4. Fourth consequence – Conference with principal/parent/teacher. Student placed on severe discipline contract.
Positive Schoolwide Recognition
Students who exhibit appropriate behavior may earn:
Citizen of the month recognition
Foster Road Star bucks
Positive written notes and telephone calls home
Awards and rewards
Additional classroom and campus privileges
Coupons for school prizes
Attend special programs, “O” Breakfast, assemblies, and performances
Praise and congratulations